Celtic all Cluj-ed Up
Tuesday night decides whether it’s Celtic or Cluj making it to the final qualifying round to book a place in the group stage of the Champions League.
Last week in Romania it finished deadlocked at 1-1, but with Celtic planting their feet on home ground for the second leg they’re likely to show a whole other side to their game.
Celtic have started their season with a bang
I’m backing Celtic to beat Cluj and advance to the next stage for in fairly comfortable fashion.
All the right noises
Celtic have started this season’s campaign with a bang registering emphatic back to back wins over Motherwell and St Johnstone in the league, and seeing off CL opposition to boot.
A sole stumble to Cluj last week is their only mark on an otherwise perfect record. But their home performances at Celtic Park have really been something else.
Cluj represent Celtic’s biggest European challenge so far but they’re not exactly the toughest opposition they could face. The backing of the Celtic Park faithful will be an added boost.
Celtic's season so far
- Motherwell – Celtic 2-5 (Premiership) ✅
- CFR Cluj – Celtic 1-1 (Champions League Qualification) ➖
- Celtic - St. Johnstone 7-0 (Premiership) ✅
- Nomme Kalju – Celtic 0-2 (Champions League Qualification) ✅
- Celtic - Nomme Kalju 5-0 (Champions League Qualification) ✅
- Celtic – Sarajevo 2-1 (Champions League Qualification) ✅
- Sarajevo – Celtic 1-3 (Champions League Qualification) ✅
Can Cluj raise their game?
Unlike Celtic, Cluj haven’t yet started their domestic campaign but a quick view to their form on their bid toward Champions League qualification and you’ll find a well ordered and capable team. However, Celtic are an entirely different prospect for Cluj.
Cluj's season so far
- CFR Cluj – Celtic 1-1 ➖
- M. Tel Aviv – CFR Cluj 2-2 ➖
- CFR Cluj – M. Tel Aviv 1-0 ✅
- CFR Cluj – FC Astana 3-1 ✅
- FC Astana – CFR Cluj 1-0 ✅
Celtic vs. Cluj Betting Tip
I'm backing Celtic to get the job done here for a number of reasons. They've seen off all that's come between them at home and abroad so far this season, they have more games under their belt and they've been scoring for fun at home.
You'll find much better value if you go for a Celtic win at Asian Handicap (-1). The best bookies for this bet are Bethard with odds of 1/1 (2.00).