Manchester United vs. Reading: Quick Facts
- The match will kick off on Saturday the 5th of January at 12.30PM UK time.
- Stuart Attwell will referee this game.
- The match will be shown on BT Sport and the BBC.
Manchester United vs. Reading: Head to Head Record
Manchester United vs. Reading head-to-head last five matches
Manchester United vs. Reading - FA Cup - 07-01-2017 - 4-0
Manchester United vs. Reading - Premier League - 16-03-2013 - 1-0
Manchester United vs. Reading - FA Cup - 10-02-2013 - 2-1
Reading vs. Manchester United - Premier League - 01-12-2012 - 3-4
Reading vs. Manchester United - Premier League - 19-01-2008 - 0-2
Manchester United (Premier League)
Matches Played: 21
Matches Played: 26
Best Betting Odds: Manchester United vs. Reading Outright winner
- Alexis Sanchez and Lukaku are both expected to start against Reading.
- Phil Jones and Victor Lindelöf are likely to start in defence with Bailly suspended and both Smalling and Rojo injured.
- Solskjaer is expected to start a number of fringe players including Fred, Pereira and Romero as well as academy player Mason Greenwood.
Expected Starting XI
- Darmian, Jones, Lindelöf, Dalot
- Fellaini, Pereira, Fred
- Sánchez, Lukaku, Greenwood
- Ex-Man Utd player John O'Shea is expected to start in defence for The Royals.
- It is only their new manager, José Gomes' fourth game in charge.
Expected Starting XI
- Richards, O'Shea, Moore, Yiadom
- Kelly, Rinomhota,
- Barrow, Swift, McCleary
Manchester United vs. Reading: Match Preview
Man Utd are huge favourites for this match, even if they will be fielding a second string team against Reading. The Royals have struggled this season in the Championship. Second from bottom and with only 20 points after 26 matches it looks like they are heading down to League 1.
Their new manager has not brought any beginners luck to his new team losing 1-0 to Millwall, drawing 0-0 with QPR and losing 1-4 to Swansea. Reading have scored 2 goals in their last 6 games. This couldn't be a worse time for them to meet a goalscoring happy-go-lucky United.
Reading have scored 2 goals in their last 6 games.
Man Utd have scored 14 goals in the past four matches since Mourinho left. They have only conceded three.