Everything you need to know: Man Utd vs. Juventus
- When is Man Utd vs. Juventus?
The match will played at 8.00 UK time on Tuesday 23/10/2018
- Who is the referee for Man Utd vs. Juventus?
Serbian referee, Milorad Mazic will be the referee. Mazic officiated the 2018 Champions League final. Manchester United have won two matches, drawn and lost two with Mazic refereeing.
- How can you watch Man Utd vs. Juventus?
You can watch the match on BTSport 2.
|Team||Domestic Position||Matches Played||GD||points|
Man Utd vs. Juventus head-to-head last four matches
Juventus vs Man Utd - UEFA Champions League - 2003 - 0-3
Man Utd vs. Juventus - UEFA Champions League - 2003 - 2-1
Juventus vs Man Utd - UEFA Champions League - 1999 - 2-3
Man Utd vs. Juventus - UEFA Champions League - 1999 - 1-1
Best Betting Odds: Man Utd vs. Juventus
- Manchester United have lost twice at Old Trafford so far this season. Once in penalties to Derby County in the Carabao Cup and a 3-0 defeat to Spurs.
- Manchester United drew 2-2 away at Chelsea over the weekend after they conceded a 96th minute equaliser.
- Mata was superb in the 10 role against Chelsea, freeing up Pogba in midfield. There are signs that Mourinho is beginning to 'find' his team.
Expected Starting XI
- De Gea
- Young, Smalling, Lindelöf, Shaw
- Matic, Pogba
- Rashford, Mata, Martial
Lukaku with a mixture of frustration and joy after Martial put Man Utd ahead against Chelsea
- Juventus have won eight and drawn one match in Serie A this season. Their only draw came against Genoa on Saturday.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is their top-scorer with 5 goals so far this season.
- Juventus have won both their two Champions League games against Valencia (0-2) and against Young Boys (3-0).
Expected Starting XI
- Cancelo, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro
- Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi
- Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Ronaldo
It's a match for the sentimentalists, with with both Pogba and Ronaldo returning to face their old clubs. Man Utd and Juve, the two European giants have faced each other on surprisingly few occasions in recent years. They faced each other in the Champions League 2002-2003 season, with United winning 5-1 on aggregate. United fans will remember their semi-final comeback over Juventus in their victorious 1999 season.
The two teams are enjoying strikingly contrasting domestic seasons, Juventus are first in Serie A, Man Utd are languishing in 10th place in the Premier League, nine points behind their local rivals - Man City.
Manchester United have shown flashes of brilliance sprinkled in-between sustained periods of lackluster attacking and lackadaisical defending. Mourinho has struggled to find a regular starting XI. Who will start in defence remains guesswork from our side.
Man Utd are currently second in the group with 4 points from 2 matches and Juventus are first with a full 6 points from 2 matches.