Everything you need to know: England vs Croatia
- When is England vs Croatia?
The match will played at 2 PM UK time on Sunday 18/11/2018.
- How can you watch England vs Croatia
You can watch the match on Sky Sports Football.
England vs Croatia head to head last 5 matches:
12/10/2018 Croatia vs. England (D) 0-0 UEFA Nations League
11/07/2018 Croatia vs. England (L) 2-1 FIFA World Cup
09/09/2009 England vs. Croatia (W) 5-1 FIFA World Cup qualification
10/09/2008 Croatia vs. England (W) 1-4 FIFA World Cup qualification
21/11/2007 England vs. Croatia (L) 2-3 UEFA European Championship qualification
Best betting odds: outright winner Chelsea vs. Everton
- England have won one match, drawn one match and lost one match in the Nations League.
- They have played one more match than Croatia who have only one point. They will play Spain on Thursday before this clash against England.
- England will play a friendly against USA on Thursday, with Wayne Rooney making his 120th cap.
Expected Starting XI
- Walker, Stones, Maguire, Chilwell
- Barkley, Dier, Henderson
- Rashford, Kane, Sterling
- Croatia have played two games so far, losing 0-6 to Spain and drawing 0-0 to England in a behind closed-doors match.
- They will play Spain at home on Thursday.
- Their last match was a 2-1 win against Jordan.
Expected Starting XI
- Jedvaj, Lovren, Vida, Pivaric
- Modric, Kovacic, Rakitic
- Kramaric, Rebic, Perisic
Match Preview: England vs. Croatia
They meet again. English and Croatian football have had a tumultuous relationship in recent years, with both teams having dished out humiliations at various points. The two teams have met in the Euro qualifications in the World Cup qualifications, in the World Cup semi-final and now the Nations League. At times it's bordered on the bizarre with Walcott hat-tricks, behind closed-doors games and lest we forget... the wally with the brolley.
It's hard to believe that it was only a few months ago that the two met in the semi-final of the 2018 World Cup 2018. A game that England let slip after an excellent Trippier free-kick had put them ahead. Kane missed a guilt edged chance and the extra-time maestros punished them for it.
Croatia's road to the final was one which included nine points in the group stages, three sets of extra time and two penalty shoot-outs in the next three rounds followed by a 4-2 final loss to France. It was a mighty impressive run for a nation of less than four million.
The last meeting between England and Croatia had an eerie atmosphere with the two teams forced to play the tie behind closed doors, after a FIFA punishment for previous bad Croatian supporter behaviour came in to effect.
This time around England go into the match as favourites after a morale-boosting 3-2 away win in Spain. A lot will depend on Croatia's game against Spain on Thursday and expect the odds to vary accordingly. Unless England suffer a series of injuries in their friendly against USA the outcome of this game should not affect the odds that much.