Everything you need to know
- When is Chelsea vs. Man United?
The match will played at 12.30 UK time on Saturday 20/10/2018
- Who is the referee for Chelsea vs. Man United?
It has not yet been confirmed who will referee this match.
- How can you watch Chelsea vs. Man United?
The match can either be watched on SkySports' SkyGo or Sky Sports' Premier League Main Events channels. You can also watch it via NowTV with a day pass.
Chelsea vs Man Utd head-to-head last five matches
Chelsea vs Man Utd - FA Cup - 19/05/2018 - 1-0
Manchester United vs Chelsea - Premier League - 25/02/2018 - 2-1
Chelsea vs Man Utd - Premier League - 05/11/2017 - 1-0
Manchester United vs Chelsea - Premier League - 16/04/2017 -2-0
Chelsea vs Man Utd - FA Cup - 13/05/2017 - 1-0
Chelsea vs Man Utd Betting Odds
- Chelsea need to win this match to avoid Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs potentially overtaking them.
- Chelsea have not lost to Man Utd at home since 2012.
- This is the first time Sarri will have come up against Jose Mourinho.
- Chelsea remain unbeaten so far this season.
- Rüdiger is unlikely to feature for the Blues.
Expected Starting XI
- Azpilcueta, Christensen, Luiz, Alonso
- Kanté, Jorginho, Barkley
- Willian, Giroud, Hazard
Luke Shaw is a doubt for the match against Chelsea
- Mourinho seemed half way out the door until a last gasp goal from Sanchez against Newcastle.
- Herrera and Rojo will not be available to play.
- Matic, Shaw, lingard and McTominay are not expected to be fit.
Expected Starting XI
- De Gea
- Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Valencia
- Pogba, Fellaini, Fred
- Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial
The Premier League returns after the international break with a big-name early kick-off. It used to be one of the most exciting games of the season and still when we see these names together we are thrust back to 2012/13 when goals were flying in and games between the rivals would end 3-3, 3-2 and 5-4.
Gone are those days and you need only look at the last 5 fixtures, which have offered an average of 0.8 goals a game, to realize this is most likely to be a cagey affair. Add to this, that it is the first time the two managers will have played each other. Two managers, who are cautious at best.
Lingard is still currently out of the team due to injury, but some reports suggest that he may be fit enough to make the squad. Luke Shaw and Nemanja Matic were withdrawn from international duties, due to injury concerns. Herrera recently returned to injury but is not expected to make it for this game.
Rüdiger, who is enjoy a mini-revival under Sarri, has been ruled out of the squad after suffering an injury with Germany over the weekend.
The bookies have Chelsea as clear favourites and a draw as more likely than a Man Utd win. Jose Mourinho is still odds on favourite to be the next manager to be sacked - but expect odds to shift dramatically depending on the outcome of this match.