Chelsea vs. Manchester City
- When is Chelsea vs. Manchester City?
The match will played at 5.30 PM UK time on Saturday the 08/12/2018.
- Who is the referee for Chelsea vs. Manchester City?
Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett
Fourth official: Andre Marriner
- How can you watch Chelsea vs. Manchester City?
You can watch the match live on BT Sport.
Chelsea vs. Manchester City head-to-head last five matches
Chelsea vs. Man City - Community Shield - 05-08-2018 - 0-2
Man City vs. Chelsea - Premier League - 04-03-2018 - 1-0
Chelsea vs. Man City - Premier League - 30-09-2017 - 0-1
Chelsea vs. Man City - Premier League - 05-04-2017 - 2-1
Man City vs. Chelsea - Premier League - 03-12-2016 - 1-3
Best Betting Odds: Outright winner Chelsea vs. Manchester City
- Chelsea will play Wolves away from home tonight.
- It looks like Sarri will be resting a few key players for the game against Wolves with the Man City game in mind.
- Chelsea's forwards are still misfiring. Morata currently has 5 goals in the league so far this season.
- Hazard is their top scorer with 7 goals.
- Chelsea are averaging 2-1 goals a game.
Expected Starting XI
- Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, D.Luiz, Alonso
- Kanté, Jorginho, Kovacic
- Pedro, Morata, Hazard
- Man City beat Watford 1-2 yesterday with goals from Sané and Mahrez.
- Sterling and Aguero have both scored 8 goals each in the league.
- Man City are averaging three goals a game.
Expected Starting XI
- Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Mendy
- B.Sliva, Fernandinho, D.Silva
- Sterling, Agüero, Sané
Match Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City
Man City will have gained one day extra rest than their opponents after playing Watford yesterday. They survived a late scare to keep their undefeated run in the Premier League intact.
Chelsea will travel to Wolverhampton this evening, a win is needed if they are to keep any pressure on Man City at the top of the table.
Man City have won the last their last three games against Chelsea, including the Community Shield victory over Sarri's side in August.
Chelsea have struggled of late against stronger opposition, losing 3-1 against Spurs a couple of weeks ago and drawing against Everton at home. Throughout the season their goalscoring issues have been obvious, with Morata and Giroud failing to score in the big games, if at all. During the Spurs game some defensive frailties came to the fore. David Luiz looked thoroughly bamboozled in defence and there are some legitimate concerns as to how they will cope with the likes of Agüero, Sterling, Mahrez and both the Silvas.
Man City have used the depth of their squad to rest players over the past weeks and with Agüero and D.Silva having taken a match off recently they will fancy themselves as strong favourites for this match.