Everything you need to know: Chelsea vs. Derby
- When is Chelsea vs. Derby?
The match will played at 7PM UK time on Monday the 31/10/2018
- How can you watch Chelsea vs. Derby?
You can watch the match on Sky Sports
Chelsea vs. Derby County head-to-head last five matches
Derby County vs. Chelsea - League Cup - 2014 - 1-3
Derby County vs. Chelsea - FA cup - 2014 - 0-2
Chelsea vs. Derby County- Premier League - 2008- 6-1
Derby County vs. Chelsea - Premier League - 2007 - 0-2
Chelsea vs. Derby County - Premier League - 2002- 2-1
Form Table (written before Chelsea vs Burnley on Sunday)
|Last five matches||respective league position||GD|
Chelsea vs. Derby: best betting odds
- Chelsea won their third-round match in scintillating fashion as Hazard came on as a substitute and scored a stunning 85th minute winner against Liverpool.
- Chelsea remain unbeaten in all competitions - if you exclude the Community Shield (sorry Mourinho).
- Eden Hazard is Chelsea's top scorer so far with eight goals.
- Álvaro Morata has only scored three goals so far this season. He will be hoping to start against Derby but he may make way for Giroud.
Expected Starting XI
- Zappacosta, Cahill, Christensen, Emerson
- Kovacic, Fábregas, Loftus-Cheek
- Pedro, Giroud, Willian
This was written just before Chelsea face Burnley away in today's set of Premier League fixtures, so please account for potential injuries.
- Chelsea have allowed on-loan players Tomori and Mount to play for Derby.
- Lampard's men knocked out Man Utd after penalties in the third-round of the Carabao Cup.
- Derby County currently sit sixth in the Championship. Over the weekend they drew 1-1 with third placed Middlesborough.
Expected Starting XI
- S.Malone, Tomori, Keogh, Bogle
- Mount, Huddlestone, Wilson
- Lawrence, Marriot, Waghorn
Harry Wilson celbrates scoring against Man Utd with Chelsea loanee Fikayo Tomori
Chelsea vs. Derby: Match Preview
Derby County and Chelsea both faced tough opposition in the third round of the Carabao Cup, against Man Utd and Liverpool respectively.
Derby were unlucky to see their game go to penalties after a Fellaini 95th minute equalizer. Derby eventually won the game 7-8 on penalties and demonstrated that this was a club to be reckoned with.
The Chelsea connection to this Derby team will add an extra narrative to this match. Not only does an ex-Chelsea legend now manage the Rams but both Tomori and Mount who have been crucial in Derby's matches so far this season are Chelsea loanees. The decision to allow them to play was made by Chelsea last week, a decision that pleased Lampard:
"I am very thankful to Chelsea - they didn't have to do that - and I think it is a classy move from them." said Lampard
Chelsea are expected to field a second string side for this match. A second string that is still extremely strong.
Chelsea reamain clear favourites for this game, however, for a Premier League vs. Championship clash we have seen much shorter odds than these.