Everything you need to know: Barcelona vs. Sevilla
- When is Barca vs Sevilla?
The match will played at 7.45 UK time on Saturday 20/10/2018
- Who is the referee for Barca vs Sevilla?
It has not yet been confirmed who will referee this match.
- How can you watch Barca vs Sevilla?
You can watch the match on Eleven Sports 1
Barcelona vs. Sevilla head-to-head last five matches
Sevilla vs Barcelona - Super Cup - 2018 - 1-2
Sevilla vs Barcelona - Copa del Rey - 2018 - 0-5
Sevilla vs. Barcelona - La Liga - 2018 - 2-2
Barcelona vs. Sevilla -La Liga - 2017 -2-1
Barcelona vs. Sevilla - La Liga - 2017 - 3-0
Barcelona vs. Sevilla betting odds
- Ousmane Dembélé's form is causing a headache for Valverde who is increasingly shifting Messi out to the right to accommodate the Frenchman. It is not certain that he will start.
- Messi, is enjoying some of the best performances of his career. He tore Spurs apart in the Champions League and scored in their 1-1 draw against Valencia. But he needs his teammates to chip in with more goals.
- Barça will still be without Samuel Umtiti and may be forced to play ex-Sevilla defender Clement Lenglet.
Expected Starting XI
- M. ter Stegen
- J Alba, T.Vermaelen, G.Pique, N.Samedo
- Arthur, S.Busquets, I.Rakitic
- P.Coutinho, L.Suárez, L.Messi
Messi was unplayable against Spurs in the Champions League
- The Spanish club have already played 17 games this season as they are participating in the Europa League.
- Argentinian midfielder, Franco Vazquez, has won the ball back more than any other play in La Liga this season.
- Portuguese forward, Andre Silva, has scored 7 goals so far this season.
- Jesus Navas has one goal and six assists after eight league games
Expected Starting XI
- D.Carriço, S.Kjaer, S.Gomez
- J.Navas, P.Sarabia, É.Banega, F.Vázquez, G.Arana
- W.Ben Yedder
Crisis would be too strong a word, but something is certainly off with Barça this season. The team's form is epitomised by Mr Barça himself, centre-back Gerard Pique, who although great going forward has been a liability at the back. As you can see in the following highlights - watch till the end for the assist... to the opposition's striker.
Barça have drawn their last two league games, 1-1 against Valencia at home and Atletico Bilbao away. They had lost to Leganes and drawn with Catalan rivals Girona in the previous matches. They haven't been spanked this season, and still remain one point off the top, but they are dropping points regularly and in an uncharacteristic fashion. Now they are up against the league's leaders at home and a win would see them leapfrog them into first place.
We think there won't be a much better opportunity for Sevilla, who do not have a good record against Barça, to win this one and further cement their place at the top of the league.
Sevilla's players are enjoying the season of their lives. They thrashed Real Madrid 3-0 at home in September and are currently top of the league after eight matches. They have enjoyed a mixed Europa League start, thrashing Standard Liége 5-1 but then losing away at FC Krasnodar 2-1.
Everything seems to be clicking in the Sevilla squad with a re-invigorated Jesus Navas providing the assists. Wissam Ben Yedder and Pablo Sarabia firing in the goals with the former having scored seven in his past six matches. Tomas Vaclik, the Czech goalkeeper has been hugely impressive so far this season.
We think there won't be a much better opportunity for Sevilla, who do not have a good record against Barça, to win this one and further cement their place at the top of the league. At the very least it would provide La Liga with a much needed competitive title-race.